A Family Guide to Terrariums for Kids
Design, plant, and grow a world of your very own—inside a terrarium! Including 15 unique, imagination-inspiring project plans, each accompanied by adorable, full-color photographs, kids and their grown-ups will discover how easy terrariums are to plant and grow.
Kids love to create, imagine, and have fun. Nothing fulfills all three of those desires quite like designing and planting a terrarium. With the step-by-step project instructions found in A Family Guide toTerrariums for Kids, the results are beautiful, inspiring, and confidence-building. Making these little landscapes develops motor skills, spacial awareness, and provides a wealth of sensory input. The science behind the art is included with quick and simple lessons on ecosystem functions, the water cycle, and plant nutrition. But for kids, it's all about being active and building something cool! Plus, when the project is complete, there's a piece of living art to share with family and friends or display on a bedroom shelf.
With the terrarium plans found in A Family Guide to Terrariums for Kids, everyone in the family can tap their inner “science geek” to:
- Use multi-colored sand and succulents to craft a desert terrarium
- Plant, trim, and tend a terrarium bonsai tree
- Build a peat bog filled with carnivorous plants
- Make an aquatic terrarium, complete with a marimo moss ball “pet”
- Design a prehistoric garden of air plants
- Create a plant-filled habitat for a praying mantis
- Grow a Japanese garden with living rocks